Last Updated: Sep 8, 2022
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect the information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, subscribe to the Services, fill out a form, request customer support, choices made in the app preferences or favorites, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, user name, password, favorite stock picks, email address, credit card information (via a third-party payment processor), and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services.
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, the city from which you accessed the Services, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Preferences or options made in the application: We collect information such as stocks added or deleted from stock favorite picks, any additional preferences or options chosen in the application.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information Collected through Third-Party Services: We use Google Analytics, which processes data as described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. We may also use Mixpanel, which allows you to opt-out of Mixpanel’s automatic retention of data collected while on the Services by visiting: https://mixpanel.com/optout If you get a new computer, install a new browser, erase or otherwise alter your browser’s cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers), you may also clear the Mixpanel opt-out cookie. Additionally, we use Fabric.io and answers.io which processes data as described in https://fabric.io/privacy and https://answers.io/img/onepager/privacy.pdf respectively for providing insights into crashes and usage patterns.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services based on how you interact with the application. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. If you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information, and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Upturn and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Upturn and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, including, but not limited to, third-party payment processors;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Upturn or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Upturn and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Additionally, we may house advertising on our website or via our app, similar to those banner or click-through ads that appear when using many free or inexpensive apps, and will receive compensation for such advertising. Certain advertisements maybe for financial products. Upturn does not endorse any such financial products or other products promoted by advertisers and generally does not expect to know which companies will be advertising on its website or app.
Upturn takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Upturn is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
You may update, correct or delete information about yourself at any time by logging into your online account, or mobile app or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, you can delete the app, or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Upturn by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
2986 Park Place Cmn,
Fremont, CA - 94536